Billy's Chowder House is OPEN for dine-in
service under our tent from 11:30am to 9:00pm.
- CUSTOMERS MUST WEAR A FACE MASK WHEN ENTERING OR EXITING THE BUILDING OR TENT AREA AND WHEN WALKING TO AND FROM THE RESTROOM.
- CUSTOMERS DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR A FACE MASK WHEN SEATED AT THE TABLE.
- RESTROOMS ARE LIMITED TO SINGLE OCCUPANCY AND WAITING LINES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- CHILDREN MUST BE SEATED AT THE TABLE. CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WALK AROUND THE DINING ROOM, OR TENT AREA OR RESTAURANT WHEN NOT ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR ADULT.
- WE ARE REQUIRED TO COLLECT CONTACT TRACING INFORMATION. WE WILL NEED TO COLLECT THE NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER FROM 1 MEMBER OF YOUR PARTY.
- MAXIMUM PARTY SIZE AT ANY ONE TABLE IS 8. ONCE SEATED WE ASK THAT YOU NOT CHANGE SEATS OR TABLES DUE TO THE SANITATION REQUIREMENTS.- PLEASE BE PATIENT AS WE MOVE FORWARD WITH THESE NEW GUIDELINES.
TAKEOUT is available 11:30am - 9pm
Order Online Order Takeout
“With the health concerns amid COVID-19, Billy’s Chowder House is here to assure you that the health and safety of our community is our top priority. As we approach challenging and uncertain times ahead, we’re here to provide you with an update on the measures we’ve taken to ensure the health of our guests and cleanliness of our business:
What we’re doing:
Adhering to the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Educating our employees daily on preventative measures.
Increasing the spacing between our tables and barstools to create greater social distance.
Sanitizing menus and tables between guests and increasing the frequency of restroom sanitization as well as doorknobs, chair backs and any other object that comes into contact with people.
What you can do to help:
Wash your hands frequently.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home if you are sick.
Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue.
We appreciate you joining us in taking extra precautions to keep our community safe and healthy. For more information surrounding health and safety guidelines during this time, please visit the CDC website.”
Richard and Sherri Varano
Welcome to Billy's Chowder House
Billy's Chowder House established in 1979, is one of the oldest waterfront restaurants in Wells, Maine. Come and enjoy views of the Rachel Carson Wildlife Preserve.